Administration and Marketing Assistant, Action for Children’s Arts
Action for Children’s Arts (ACA), founded in 1998, is the national voice of children’s arts in the UK. We represent practitioners and organisations working in the arts for children aged 0-12 across all art-forms and in all four UK nations. ACA is a charity, and works to the following objectives:
Campaign for the right of every child, aged 0-12, to have access to the arts at home and at school;Action for Children’s Arts (ACA), founded in 1998, is the national voice of children’s arts in the UK. We represent practitioners and organisations working in the arts for children aged 0-12 across all art-forms and in all four UK nations. ACA is a charity, and works to the following objectives:
Connect those creating the arts for children;
Celebrate practitioners and organisations, large and small, at the annual J.M. Barrie Awards.
We are looking to recruit a freelance Administration and Marketing Assistant to support our Development Officer and Board of Trustees. The role is flexible and consists almost entirely of remote-working, with the potential for occasional in-person events as the Covid-19 pandemic subsides. We are looking for someone to work 28 hours a month at a rate of £13/hour, initially for a period of one year. The ideal candidate would be someone with a passion for children’s arts, and the potential to grow into the responsibilities of this role.
Social media and website
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter for ACA members using the Mailchimp platform
- Post regularly on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Engage with the ACA members’ Facebook group
- Help keep the website up-to-date using WordPress
- Create blog content for the ACA website
- Send out monthly membership renewal reminders using Civi CRM
- Keep our mailing lists up-to-date
- Support the membership committee with recruitment of new members
- Manage guest-lists for ACA online and in-person events
- Organise networking events for members (online or in-person) twice a year
- Manage the inbox for email@example.com
- Organise Trustee meetings every other month
- Organise and support meetings of Trustee sub-committees
- Take minutes at ACA meetings and distribute them
- Attend networking/industry events where required
- Keep up-to-date with Government policy developments that have an impact on the work of our charity
- Support the Development Officer in the administration of the Arts Backpack UK
- Track progress on actions arising from Trustee meetings
We are looking for a highly organised individual with a passion for children’s arts. We encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive work environment.
- Currently freelance and self-employed, with evidence of being self-motivated and able to manage own time;
- Access to own computer with a reliable internet connection;
- Confidence using remote-working technologies including Google Drive and Zoom;
- Confidence using Microsoft Office;
- Copy-writing experience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Knowledge of one or more areas of the UK arts and/or education sector;
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in a professional context;
- Confidence working in the English language;
- Experience with the following technologies: WordPress, Mailchimp, Civi CRM;
- Proof-reading skills;
- Minute-taking skills;
- Experience of administering Zoom meetings;
- Interest and experience in campaigning work;
- Availability to start the role in late November 2021;
- Please send a one-page CV and a one-page cover letter expressing your interest in the position and telling us why you are suited to the role.
- Please include the email address and phone number of one referee. (We will only contact referees for short-listed candidates.
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm GMT on 13 November.
- Applications will be reviewed by our Development Officer and Board of Trustees. We will respond to all candidates on 19 November.
- A maximum of five candidates will be invited to interview on 26 November. If you are unavailable on this date, please notify us when you apply and we will work to find a mutually convenient time.
If you have questions, require this information in another format, or need additional support in applying for the position, please contact email@example.com